This is a Public Notice for all Registered and Informal Businesses that are being affected by the COVID-19.The Government of Tonga announced on April 2nd , 2020, the allocation of $60m Economic and Social Stimulus Package funds to combat COVID-19. Allocation of this fund is made through a cluster system where $22.4m have been allocated under the Economic and Social Recovery Cluster and from this $22.4m, $16.4 have been designated to assist affected businesses in the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary economic sectors. This fund is known as the COVID-19 Business Economic Emergency Relief Fund and
Registered businesses and Informal businesses are hereby advised that the application form for this Fund is now available.
Application form can be downloaded from our website www.mted.gov.to or Ministry of Finance website www.finance.gov.to or collect from our headoffice and branches in Vava’u, Ha’apai and Eua.
The primary objective of the COVID-19 Business Economic Emergency Relief Fund is to provide economic relief assistance, encourage business continuity plan and support recovery of local businesses in the formal and informal sectors that is affected by COVID-19.
To be eligible to apply for the COVID-19 Business Economic Emergency Relief Fund a business MUST meet the following:
- Your business has lost expected revenue in the month of January through March 2020 due to COVID-19
- Your business was registered before March, 2020 or your business is an informal business
- Your principal place of business is in Tonga
- Your business is not a state owned enterprise
- Your business was not operating as an essential business during the State Of Emergency period
- All completed applications under the registered businesses are to be delivered to the Ministry of Trade & Economic Development (MTED) Offices in Tongatapu, Vava’u, Ha’apai and ‘Eua before 4:30pm, Friday 1st May 2020.
- All completed applications under informal businesses are to be delivered before 4:30pm,Friday 1st May 2020.
- You can also send your completed application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late applications will not be considered.
For any further details and enquiries please contact :
Ms Poinisetia Paongo
Ms. Fololenitina ‘Asau
Mobile: 7798036/ 8745410